Regional Meetings & Regular Events
To view a list of regional projects in your area click here.
- Evening Meetings are held on the Second Friday of each month at Proctor Library Community Room, Kerikeri
- EXCEPT April, July and October when they are at Doubtless Bay Christian Centre in Mangonui
- All meetings start at 7.30 pm.
- Regular field trips and wader counts, phone Detlef Davies on 09 4073874
- Regular beach patrols phone Isabella Godbert on 09 4078058
- Evening meetings, 2nd Thursday of the month, ph. David Crockett (09) 4350954
- West coast beach patrols ph. Prue Cozens (09) 4377760
- East coast beach patrols ph. Pauline Smith (09) 4376470
- Whangarei Harbour wader count ph. Tony Beauchamp (09) 4362661
- North Kaipara wader count ph. David Crockett (09) 4350954
- Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month (except January) at 7.30pm hosted by the Natural Sciences Department at Unitec in Mt Albert.
Directions: Enter Gate 4 off Carrington Road and look for Building 115 (first large building directly ahead), meeting in Room 115-2005 on the second floor. For a meeting room location map, email Regional rep, Mel Galbraith
Please report all Auckland region sightings to our regional recorders:
- Landbirds, Waterfowl and Rails to Mel Galbraith
- Waders, Herons Spoonbills and Egrets to Adrian Riegen
- Seabirds, Gulls, Terns and Shags to John Simmons
- Evening meetings are held are at the Papakura Croquet Clubrooms, 1 Chapel Street, Papakura, on the second Tuesday of each month (February - November) at 7.30 pm.
- Regional Representative: Ian Southey (09) 2982500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Recorder: Gillian Vaughan (09) 2982500, email@example.com
- Manukau and Firth of Thames censuses ph Tony Habraken (09) 2385284
- Beach patrols ph Hugh Clifford (07) 8553751
- Hamilton Lake Census ph Barry Friend (07) 8436729
- Forest Lake Census ph Brian Challinor (07) 8552561
- Cambridge Lake Census ph Hugh Clifford
- Bird sightings email Andrew Styche
- Field trips (monthly) email Andrew Styche
- Evening meetings, every third Wednesday, 7.30 pm email Andrew Styche
Bay of Plenty/Volcanic Plateau
- Bi-monthly meetings on the second Wednesday in the months February, April, June, August and October at 7:00pm at the Tauranga Art & Craft Centre, 177 Elizabeth Street, Tauranga. This is on the corner of Elizabeth Street and Takitimu/Waikareao Expressway.
- Phone or email Paul Cuming for information on field trips.
- Regional Representative: Paul Cuming, 07 5715125
- Bird sightings / Regional Recorder: Krishna Buckman, 07 8638455 or 0273094411
- Shorebird census: Garry Hill, 07 5444500
- Evening meetings - First Thursday of each month except January. 7.30pm Community House, Liardet Street, New Plymouth. Field trip following Sunday.
- Evening meetings - held 2nd Wednesday of February, May, August and November, at the Lido Centre, Park Street, Palmerston North, 8 pm.
- Beach patrols - 1st Wednesday of each month and on other beaches at irregular times
- Evening meetings, last Monday of the month (email Tom Teasdale or Peter Frost for details of venue and time).
- Field trips (email Peter Frost for details)
- Monitoring Blowhard Bush DOC reserve
- Wader Census at loations around Napier/Waitangi Estuary Clive and Porangahau (twice yearly)
- Evening meetings (email Bernie Kelly for details)
- Evening meeting 2nd Thursday of each month, alternating between Greytown and Masterton. Field Trips are the following weekend. Contact Robin List.
- Evening meetings are held at Te Papa's collections building, 169 Tory Street, on the first Monday of each month (except January & June) at 7.30 pm. Contact Geoff de Lisle (04) 5270929.
- Zealandia 5 minute bird counts. Colin Miskelly (04) 4791662
- Beach patrols. Ian Armitage (04) 2327470
- Mist-netting and passerine banding.
- Other field activities are conducted on a casual basis.
- Please report all Wellington Region bird sightings to the Regional Recorder, Peter Hodge
- Evening meetings - usually 1st Monday of the month, 7.15 pm, "Solander Building", Akersten Street, Port Nelson (opposite the red Cruising Club building). Contact Gail Quayle (03) 5450456.
We meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month, visiting places of interest in the region, e.g. Lake Grassmere, Taylor Dam, Lake Elterwater, Cape Campbell, Grovetown Lagoons, Marfells Beach and Onamalutu. We also do coastal surveys and beach patrols. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evening meetings 7:30pm last Monday of the month, except December and January, held at the Department of Conservation Mahaanui Area Office, 31 Nga Mahi Road, Sockburn, Christchurch.
- Monthly field trips - dates vary. Contact Sandra Wallace (03) 3585706.
- Evening meetings held on the 4th Wednesday of the month (February to November) in the Benham Seminar Room, Benham Building, Department of Zoology, 340 Great King Street, starting at 7.30pm. Please be on time: the door will be locked after 8 pm. Contact Mary Thompson (03) 4640787.
- Evening meetings (in conjunction with the Southland Field Club) held every second Thursday at 7.30pm, Hearing Association Rooms, 126 Leet Street, Invercargill. Field trips usually following Saturday or Sunday.
- Beach patrols conducted on a casual basis. Ph Phil Rhodes (03) 2144936 or Lloyd Esler (03) 2130404.