Birds NZ Research Fund (BNZRF)
The "Birds New Zealand Research Fund" is a national fund that is managed by our Executive Officer on behalf of T/GEAR, a New Zealand Charitable Trust.
Applications will be accepted from individuals or organisations prepared to make a difference through ornithological research, with outcomes likely to provide for better management of New Zealand birds or their environment. Approved applications will be funded retrospective for a 12 month period only.
Criteria - Preference will be given to applications that will:
- involve research on "Preferred Research Topics"
- involve research on native species. Note: testing of methodologies is not suitable for funding
- involve research with a measurable outcome and a commitment to have results published
- involve people learning as well as being involved
- demonstrate intent to publish at least part of their funded work in the society's journal Notornis
- lead to results that will clearly be of benefit to the conservation of New Zealand birds
How and when to apply:
- Applications for the 2017 funding round have now closed.
- The next applications will be called for in June 2018.
Current and Previously Funded Projects:
- See links below
- Birds NZ Research Fund (BNZRF)
- Projects Assistance Fund & Fruzio Sponsorship
- David Medway Scholarship (DMS)
- Notornis & Conference Student Awards
- Australasian Ornithological Conference (AOC) - Student Travel Grant
- Australasian Seabird Group (ASG) - Student Support Grants